Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions
1. All translations and services offered by Idiomatic Language Services are determined by the following general Conditions of sale and provision of services. The client accepts the conditions automatically on acceptance of a quotation.
2. Prices do not include tax where applicable.
3. Fees are periodically revised.
4. Delivery expenses of translated documents incurred through the use of means other than email will be charged to the client.
5. Services provided by Idiomatic will be paid for within a period no longer than 30 days from the moment the delivery is made.
6. The client will notify of any change in the material to be translated as soon as possible. If necessary, the company will make an adjustment to the quotation and delivery date.
7. In the event that the client makes changes to the original order, that is to say, if texts, graphs, etc. are added, omitted, updated or changed, or if the client does not provide all the information required for the satisfactory completion of the quoted projects, the agreed delivery date may be modified. Idiomatic shall in no event be held responsible for the delay and /or damage of any type (including financial) caused by such circumstances.
8. Whenever possible the client will have the documents to be translated delivered to the company by email or FTP.
9. Idiomatic will not correct mistakes or omissions in the original document, although we will always try to inform the client in such circumstances.
10. New clients are required to pay 50% of the total amount in advance and the remaining 50% within a period of 30 days after delivery of the order.
11. Payment will be made in the local currency by means of a bank transfer. Banks charges will be met by the client.
12. Under no circumstances shall Idiomatic Language Services nor any of the Idiomatic Companies be held responsible for the content of the translated documents. Points of view and opinions expressed remain solely the responsibility of the client and in no way reflect the general conduct of our company. Idiomatic Language Services reserves the right to accept or refuse to translate documents whose content may be classified as offensive, defamatory, obscene, which goes against the law or which the company considers inappropriate.
13. The customer is responsible for the legitimate propriety of the content of the documents to translate.
14. The type of work carried out and all the information the client supplies to Idiomatic Language Services will be of a confidential nature. Idiomatic Language Services will neither divulge nor reveal information to third parties without previous authorisation. Only employees or subcontractors authorised by Idiomatic Language Services will have access to such material in order to carry out their work. The principles detailed in this paragraph shall not be applied in cases whereby the law demands that Idiomatic Language Services reveal this information or when such information becomes public. Our Data Protection Policy can be consulted at Data Protection.
15. Once 30 days have passed since delivery of a translation or provision of a service, the client loses the right to submit a claim against Idiomatic Language Services, who will take no commercial, civil or legal responsibility.
16. The client has the responsibility to deliver clear documents, of acceptable linguistic quality and easily legible in terms of both content and format. In order that we can adapt the translation to terms specific to your company, we ask that you facilitate the terminology corresponding to the subject in question. Any documents related to the matter can be useful to us.
17. Idiomatic Language Services is committed to carrying out all the services it offers conscientiously and willingly, guaranteeing maximum quality. In the event of claims made owing to translation error or delayed delivery, the client has the right to claim providing such a claim is made within 14 clear days from the delivery date. Claims should always be based on demonstrable judgements and opinions.
18. Estimates are valid for one month only.
19. Please note that according to the Art. 14.1 of the Regulation (EU) 524-2013 the European Commission offers an online platform to help resolve conflicts and can be found at the following address: #http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr. However, Idiomatic Language Services S.L. will decide, for each case, if it adheres to this system or not, since it considers that any conflict can and should be resolved outside these spheres. We therefore, suggest you previously contact Customer Care.
20. Any controversy or dispute that may arise because of the interpretation or execution of the present agreement will be subject to the Jurisdiction and Competence of the Courts and Tribunals of the City of Girona, Spain